Tuesday 22 June 2010

The start of my new journey


There are some dates that will remain engraved in our minds forever and each individual will have their own unique calendar of events, like a finger print of their lives.

Examples are :-
Birthdays. Milestones, like the day I quit smoking, or the day I left school. Global celebrations like Christmas. Major disasters like September 11th. etc

A day that is etched in my mind and the minds of all my family is January 17th 2010.
It was the day my father died.

A keen sailor in his free time, he lived for the sea and his boats. I didn’t realise it at the time, but it was when he died that I inherited one of the greatest gifts he could leave me.

His love for the sea.

My mother gave me his inflatable yacht tender and outboard engine which I now use to explore the sea lochs off the west coast of Scotland. As I explore these new corners in my world, Im proud to say, he is never far from my mind

No comments: