Monday 18 October 2010

Loch Assynt, Castle Ardvrek and Quinag

I then made my way from Lochinver to Loch Assynt and Ardveck Castle. Loch Assynt is the freshwater loch which features in my Blog heading logo. I took that photo four years ago and I was lucky to catch the last of the early morning mist clearing the loch. The mountain on the right hand side of the loch is Quinag and it’s always been in my mind to hill walk the long ridge that joins the three corbett summits of Spidean Coinich, Sail Ghorm and Sail Gharb.

Quinag from Loch Assynt



Quinag from the road to Lochinver



Loch Assynt islands



Loch Assynt and Ardvrek Castle



I set up camp for the night at the start of the walk over Quinag and watched the sun set behind the mountain, hoping I would be walking on its summits in the morning

1 comment:

blueskyscotland said...

Some fantastic Photographs of a great area.It looks like you were lucky with the weather.
bob.