Friday 9 December 2011

Dunure and Hurricane Bawbag

Although I am making a web site for my artwork, I still intend to keep this blog updated with my latest adventures.

The past couple of days, I have been in Ayrshire when the Met Office forecasted the hurricane that was to hit the Central Belt of Scotland. Their advice was not to travel on the roads due to the expected severe gale force winds.

Of course, that was like a red rag to a bull. I just had to travel to the coast to see the waves. Admittedly I only drove around 5 miles as I thought the little harbour at Dunure would be a good vantage point to see the sea.

Although some folks seem to think the "hurricane" was just a gale, hence the name Hurricane Bawbag, Im glad I was not at sea in a small boat. Standing at the harbour around two hours before the full force of the wind hit land was enough for me.

Here are some photographs of what I saw at the sea.











No comments: