Saturday 11 November 2017

Into the Wilderness ... Handa Island


I can think of nothing more soothing than falling asleep beside the sea. Listening to the lap of the water on shingle shores and the distant cries of seabirds as they call to the seals.

I fell asleep shortly after going to bed ..but only slept a few hours. Im a side sleeper and turn from left to right side and back again .. several times during the night.

However I couldn’t rest long on my ride side due to my swollen liver.


I was also awakened by a very beautiful and large stag who came round to suss out my campsite. Unfortunately it was too dark to photograph him .. but I can still see him in my mind’s eye as I write this.

I decided to get up around 4.30 am and was on the water for 5.00 am. Happily heading for Handa.

You can watch my adventure in these two Gopro Movies






Direct links to the videos on U Tube if you need to change resolution to watch in HD format

The second Video is here


I should add .. the fire stone ring beside my car was not mine. There were three separate rings when I arrived. When I left there was none. I threw the stones on the shore .. but could do little for the burnt grass. I hate people who leave these behind them as much as I hate litter louts. I didn't bother with a fire at all at Loch Laxford..it was lovely warm evenings ..and the setting sun was the centre piece in my camp.

Rant over ..

I enjoyed three nights at the boathouse and was disturbed by no one. I passed my time playing on the shore ..walking the hills ..and doing a little fishing. I caught absolutely nothing ..butt that did not matter in the slightest.




After my stay at Loch Laxford... I went to ..

Well... you will need to come back to find that out......









No comments: