Tuesday 28 November 2017

Into The Wilderness ... Portmahomack

Returning to the North .. I headed for Portmahomack .. another village from distant childhood memories. I chose the east coast this time because the forecast for the west was wet and windy. But dryer in the east. There are less midges to bother me which was also a bonus.

The negatives for the east coast for me is it more populated and the land cultivated ... which meant finding overnight car camp spots a bit harder. The coastline has little shelter from the swells on the North Sea.

As it was forecasted to be windy .. I took my smallest boat .. it would take up little room in the car. My idea was to explore the east coast by foot.


The harvest was golden ripe in the fields .. in contract to the bleak heather moors of the west.



I arrive in Portmahomack in the evening to look for a suitable overnight camp spot. The sea was calm and I looked forward to a calm morning fishing for my breakfast



This video illustrated my small Avon inflatable performance very well.. and Im pleased to say..I didn’t go hungry.



Direct Link to video on U tube

No comments: