Monday 27 November 2017

Into The Wilderness ... Sluggan Bay

After my journey around Priest Island and Little Loch Broom ... I was a bit stiff from sitting in the small boat for most of the day.

It was still a beautiful summer’s evening so I decided to visit Sluggan Bay and see its deserted village. I wasn’t going by boat this time .. I was happy to walk for the exercise.

Here is a short video of that walk. Nothing spectacular ..but it let me see another part of the coast that I had not seen before. There were lovely clear views from Sluggan across to Harris and Lewis in the Outer Hebrides.



Direct Link to video on U tube
https://youtu.be/oqNuZLSryeA


The following morning I headed for home .. to check on my mail .. have a good clean out of the car ..rest a day or two .. wash clothes ... before heading north again.

On the way ... I stopped off at the House of Bruar for a coffee and a leg stretch ... where I watched some canyon walkers below the Braur Falls.





Once my house was in order I headed for the north east coast of Scotland.. simply because the west looked very wet and windy from the weather forecasts.

2 comments:

Ian Johnston said...

It's a brilliant spot Donny, I camped just about where the last part of the video was shot - on a vry windy evening. Brilliant view, great sea colours in the bay when the sun shines..... happy days!

:o)

Donny Wilcox said...

Hi Ian .. it would be a great camp spot when I go by boat ..hopefully next year :-D

It was deserted when I walked there and that was in mid summer .. so should be peaceful

Thanks again for posting ..its appreciated