Monday 6 November 2017

Lost in a sea of Forums ?


Im still wondering where the last few years of my life have gone ? They appear to be lost in a swirling mist. One moment Im on Ben Lawers 2013 .. then I waken on .. Ben Lawers 2017 ?

I do know the missing years went fast ..and time appears to be accelerating at an alarming rate. A common discovered made by many maturing males therefore Im not unique in that respect

I do recall discovering the joys of “Forums”, in fact they may have contributed to disorienting my blogging direction and throwing me into the grey mist of missing years. They are often entertaining social places .
New arrivals ask questions from resident experts ..which quickly turns the new arrival into an expert too . I learned that a lot of questions were answered by passing an opinion from expert to newbie expert and in fact few answers were based on actual fact . A common discovery made by maturing Chinese people as they whisper to one another therefore Im not unique in that respect either.

Forums may also be comparable to Magazines .. where even the best magazine can only publish a certain amount of articles before it start repeating them. Perhaps I felt I was guilty of that in my previous blogging articles which also contributed to my missing years in the mist of time ..therefore I may not be unique in that respect either
So based on my forum observations ... I guess Im just the same as everyone else. 
Of course ..this is only based on my opinion and not on actual fact. At least I hope my blog is unique ..until I loose more years of not posting. I see many blogs silent now .. so there is nothing new in that either.

The best part of forums are meeting other posters in real life.. I have made many good friends though attending outings arranged by their members. Blogs are certainly not as good in that respect.

Here is a small selection of day outings I had with other forum members

Round the Island of Mull in a Day ..a fast exhilarating experience .. but little time to sight see the sea sights




A very enjoyable days fishing .. but little was caught .. so its real life fishing



And a general jolly on the east coast ..another very enjoyable day with a couple of forum members




 Here are a couple of links to popular small power boating forums






4 comments:

Ian Johnston said...

Welcome back Donny, I'm so glad to see you blogging again!

Best wishes

Ian

Douglas Wilcox said...

Good stuff Donald, I am glad your photos, videos and tales will all be in one place again. I really must get my blog going again too but I have been feeling so under the weather that I have not even looked at, never mind sorted through all the Colonsay photos and that was back in May! :o)

Donny Wilcox said...

Hey ..good to see you Ian. I never forgot what you said the last time we met. It was "I still have your Blog listed in my Blog list..and I hope one day it will come to the top again"

When I posted my Ben Lawers instalment ..I hoped you would see it surface

So now my words to you are " Hope we can meet again next season" :-D

Donny Wilcox said...

Hi Douglas .. I'm going to say to you..what Ian said to me "I hope to see your blog come to the top of my blog list too"

And I also hope we can meet again next year for more adventures :-D

I'm sure your Blog will start again..when you are ready