Monday 29 January 2018

A Day out in Glasgow

Hey..just a note to say I have not fallen into a deep sleep again.

I have been quietly hibernating as the recent bad weather hits our hills. On the occasional nice day between the blizzards ..the snow was too deep and soft for my liking .. so I headed into town instead.

Although I'm over sixty years of age ..Im not at state pension age yet. As such ..I live on savings and a small work pension. Money can be tight after Xmas ..just like most folks find out.

Also ..for me .. being happily retired is not a life of lazing .. and can be hard work.

I need to keep myself occupied and my brain working every day .. to enjoy a happy retirement. So look for ways to meet my needs which don't cost the earth. I try to use my over 60s bus pass at least once a week. Why drive the car when I get free travel ?

This post is about one of my favourite free days out walking. I think of it as a "Day of Culture in the City"

My day starts with catching the Citylink bus to Glasgow ..then walking around the city centre..along the Clyde and then visiting free admission places of Culture :-D

Its a short video so I didn't have enough space left to include some of the photos I took.

Example ..I sat on the steps outside the Glasgow Concert Hall ..eating my Gregg's lunch of pie and coffee ..while listening to a talented Glasgow Busker singing his heart out.

All enjoyable entertainment that doesn't cost the earth.



I was also a little disappointed to see some of my favourite Graffiti murals have gone. The five faces under the bridge on the Broomielaw are no longer there ..but that's the nature of Graffiti art. I have my photos to remember them by.


So without any more rambling from me..here is my video that tells this story ...





Direct Link to video on U Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy-qWoSX_BU

No comments: